We want to grow – right? In this world we’re either growing or we’re dying – improving or disintegrating.
Can you move beyond your circumstances to grow? Are you in the right place to grow? What does a growth environment look like?
My mentor John Maxwell has the following on a laminated index card he has carried for decades:
- A place where others are ahead of me.
- A place where I am continually challenged.
- A place where the focus is forward, not backward – on tomorrow, not yesterday. (What am I doing today to set up success tomorrow?)
- A place where the atmosphere is affirming – (Become each others’ chief cheerleader!)
- A place where I am out of my comfort zone. (My whole life will be out of my comfort zone – growth is where I’m taking a risk.)
- A place where I wake up excited – (Where you know that you will be with like-minded people.)
- A place where failure is not your enemy. Failure is OK. I fail a lot because I take risks. Your friends pick you up when you’re down.
- A place where other people are growing.
- A place where people desire change – make right changes and you will grow.
- A place where growth is modeled for me, and expected from me.