Does This Sound Like You?
I do my best work with geeks: highly technical experts – usually people in leadership or influential positions who started out as
- Software developers,
- Project Managers,
- Accountants, or
- Finance experts
Geek Problems I Solve
I help my clients:
- Delegate Effectively – and have the work STAY delegated
- Communicate Clearly– so that people understand what you want, and more importantly TAKE ACTION to make it happen
- Manage Conflict Productively – so that the team can operate in a healthy way and I help you
- Plan well – set and achieve incredible goals (based on the resources and workload that you have today)
- Get more done
- With less rework and
- A happier team!
Why Geeks? What Exactly is a Geek?
I started playing with technology when I bought my first computer at age 12 with money I earned on my paper route.
I loved tech, and still love it. In college, I became a software engineering geek.
What’s a geek? A geek is a highly technical expert. In my case I was a software development geek. Then I became a network engineering geek. Then I was a project management geek, and a product management geek. Today I’m a communications, influence and leadership geek.
There are geeks in every field of study. I’m married to a library geek. My sister is a legal geek. There are geeks everywhere.
Geeks are my people. What do they have in common?
- Are experts in their chosen field.
- Tend to focus on the intricacies of their craft rather than the people side of things
- pride themselves on mastery, elegance and effectiveness of technical solutions.
This is more than just technology – I know accountants, finance professionals, even Realtors who are geeks!