Starting a new job? Want to look brilliant to your boss? Here’s a quick tip to help!
- Look around for the first few weeks for “low hanging fruit” – things that you could absolutely crush in 90 days.
- Then I’d go to my boss and say “Boss, I have been looking around and wanted to run a couple of things by you. I think that we can complete X and Y in 90 days. I have 2 questions for you:
- Do those sound like good goals for me? and
- Is there something else that I should add to this list?“
- Then – go destroy X and Y – do them so well you blow them out of the water. Then mention to your boss that you got it done, as you had agreed.