It happened again. Just this morning.
A colleague had a defection of sorts.
- because you are overwhelmed,
- because you are incredibly busy,
- because it’s not a crisis for you,
YOU just simply have not made the time to grow your leadership skills.
Your lack of leadership skill is a key factor holding you back, and holding back your team from growing.
Your People Skills Matter More Than Technical Skills
The Cost of Turnover
- Knowledge transfer.
- Customer relationships.
- Developing a plan to deal with all of this transition.
- Follow through on delivery of promises made to current customers.
Reassuring customers that the company can continue to meet their needs during this transition.
- Finding time to keep up with all of the commitments that were made to other customers.
- Opportunity cost: what deals are lost because leaders are distracted by all of these activities right now?
- Updating job descriptions.
- Advertising the position on job boards.
- Reaching out to recruiting firms to try to identify good candidates.
- Scheduling interviews with potential candidates.
- Assessing the skills of potential recruits.
- And on and on.
What Went Wrong?
What Can You Do Now?
- Make a plan to grow your leadership skills and then
- Take Action!