There’s a HUGE need for Data Scientists
By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions.
What will it take for you to move from being an analyst working with BigData to becoming a Data Scientist?
The Skills to move to being a Data Scientist
- Aloof and uninterested in the professional lives and business problems of their less technical team members.
- They don’t see the need to explain the implications of what they are discovering (or translate their insights into actionable information which can be quickly applied by business team members, and
- They have a lack of interest in partnering with business leaders to address the challenges outside the technical realm.
Want to move from Analyst to Data Scientist?
- Look for data sources outside your traditional repositories that may relate to the business problems your company is facing.
- Pick a tool to explore over the next few months – set up a small project where you can experiment with a new tool to help you understand your data better.